CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – NCURA REGION VII TRAVEL AWARDS
Applications for travel awards for the 2017 NCURA Annual Meeting and 2017 Regional Meeting are now being accepted.
Region VII will be supporting one (2) travel award of $1,000 to offset the cost of attendance at the NCURA Annual Meeting, to be held August 6-9, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
Region VII will also be supporting two (2) travel awards of $1,000 to offset the cost of attendance at the NCURA Region VI/VII Regional Meeting, to be held November 5-8, 2017 in Portland, OR.
These awards are intended to assist with the travel costs associated with meeting attendance.
The deadline for receipt of applications and nominations is:
FRIDAY, May 19, 2017 - Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
FRIDAY, July 28, 2017 - Region VI/VII Regional Meeting in Portland, OR.
1. Applicants must be research administrators from within the Region VII geographic area (AZ • CO• ID • MT • NM • UT• WY). Applicants need not be members of NCURA in order to apply.
2. Applicants must not have previously attended an NCURA-sponsored meeting or conference. Participation in NCURA training courses (e.g. Fundamentals of Sponsored Projects Administration Workshop) or NCURA web seminars does not preclude eligibility.
3. Applications and support letters must demonstrate both the potential benefit of the award and the individual/institutional need for travel assistance.
4. The application and/or the support letter(s) must demonstrate that the applicant has secured their manager or supervisor's approval to attend the meeting.
5. Should the cost of attendance exceed the amount of the award, the application and/or the support letter(s) must confirm that the awardee or the awardee’s home institution will cover the balance.
How to Apply:
The travel award nomination form is posted below. Applications must be completed and submitted via e-mail to Ashley Stahle at Ashley.Stahle@colostate.edu. The individual applying for the Travel Award is expected to complete and submit the nomination form. The nomination must be accompanied by at least one letter of support and the applicant’s resumé. The letter of support must be provided by someone at the nominee's institution.
Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region VII Award Committee, based on perceived need and potential benefit to the applicant and the applicant’s institution. Selection criteria used by the Committee include:
* Benefit of attendance
* Candidate's contribution to his/her organization, and ability to add value to organization if able to attend the meeting
* Relevant experience of the candidate
* Strength and applicability of support letter(s).
* Reasons why the applicant's institution could not support the applicant's attendance at the meeting in the absence of a travel award.
Contact Ashley Stahle (Chair - Region VII Travel Award Committee; Member-At-Large - NCURA Region VII) at Ashley.Stahle@colostate.edu.
The travel awards for the 2017 NCURA Annual Meeting are expected to be announced by June 2, 2017.
The travel awards for the 2017 NCURA Region VI/VII Regional Meetings are expected to be announced by August 11, 2017.